In this tutorial I am going to explain, how to set up
Sendinblue as your SMTP server in AEM to let you send emails out of your local author/publisher instance.
Sendinblue account creation and SMTP access
- Navigate to Sendinblue official website and sign up – https://www.sendinblue.com/
- Access the SMTP details using this link – https://account.sendinblue.com/advanced/api
- It will contain SMTP, Port, Login and Master Password for your account.
- Sendinblue provide daily sending limit of 300 emails only- https://app.sendinblue.com/billing/my-plan
Day CQ Mail Service Configuration:
- Go to the Felix Console Config Manager(http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr)
- Scroll down and click to edit the Day CQ Mail Service OSGi config.
- Enter the following details
|SMTP Server Host||smtp-relay.sendinblue.com|
|SMTP Server Port||587|
|SMTP User||Login Email in Sendinblue|
|SMTP Password||Master Password in Sendinblue|
|From Address||from address|
|SMTP Use SSL||Don't Check|
|SMTP use StartTLS||Yes|
Run a user through a workflow containing a group of which you are a member, or send out a newsletter to a group which you are a part of.
You should receive the email in your inbox.
It is worth noting that for production environments, you should set up a production grade SMTP service rather than use GMail.